To be useful, a file server should offer one or more shares — folders that have been designated as publicly accessible via the network. You can see a list of the current shares available from a file server by firing up the File Server Manager and clicking Shares in the console tree.
How do I find hidden shares on a server?
To access a hidden share, bring up Internet Explorer or My Computer (or just Computer in Vista), enter the UNC path (\computernamesharename$) of the share, and hit Enter. Alternatively, you can use the computer’s local IP address (such as 192.168. 1.1) instead of the computer name.
How do I access a shared folder by IP address?
- In the search box in the Windows taskbar, enter two backslashes followed by the IP address of the computer with the shares you want to access (for example \192.168. …
- Press Enter. …
- If you want to configure a folder as a network drive, right-click it and select “Map network drive…” from the context menu.
How do I create a shared folder on my server?
Business Storage Windows Server NAS – How to create a shared…
- Click on the Server Manager icon ( …
- Select File and Storage Services, then Shares.
- Right-click in the blank area on the right side and select New Share. …
- For basic setup, select SMB Share – Quick, then Next.
How do I find a hidden folder on my network?
Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization. Select Folder Options, then select the View tab. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.
How do I share my network server?
- Right-click on the folder you want to share.
- Select Give Access to > Specific people.
- From there, you can choose specific users and their permission level (whether they can read-only or read/write). …
- If a user doesn’t appear on the list, type their name into the taskbar and hit Add. …
- Click Share.
How do I connect to a hidden share?
To connect to the hidden shared folder, you’ll need to click the Map Network Drive button on the toolbar. When you see the Map Network Drive dialog box, you’ll type the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path and share name for the hidden folder in the Path text box.
How do I find the IP address of a file share?
How to Find Out the IP Address of a Network Drive
- Click “Start” and then “My Computer,” or double-click “My Computer” if it is on your desktop.
- Click the network drive. …
- Click “Start” and then “Run.” Type “CMD” (without quotes) and then press “enter.” A command window will appear.
How do I find out the IP address of a file?
To find only the IP address, from the shell prompt type ipconfig. To find the MAC address and the IP address, type ipconfig -all (result illustrated at right). In the response, the IP Address appears under the “Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection” section.
How do I find out the IP address of a Network drive?
Android device: Go to Settings/Network and your IP will be displayed.